Intrigued? I’m an interesting character!
Here’s some more interesting things you would never have guessed about me.
- I play netball – yep – still
- I’m a country girl – from the South East of South Australia
- I won a music scholarship in my final years of school, playing the flute, oboe and singing
- MUSIC makes my heart SING, so much that I miss it if I don’t hear any from one day to another
- I have a Diploma in Life Coaching (Health & Wellness), a boring old Arts degree (in Psychology), but also a Grad. Diploma in Festival and Event Management
- I was married in a forest that my grandfather planted
- My husband and I lived overseas for 6 years, in New Zealand, London & Dubai (4 years)
- I worked in PR and Event Management in Dubai and I remember this one very unique morning quite vividly:
‘I had to collect a VIP from the airport who was here for a site visit to look at lighting for the Sharon Stone AmFAR event as a part of the Dubai Film Festival, so as I was negotiating traffic to get to the airport on time, my boss called to see if I could arrange a helicopter for the ex-World Bank Director to fly from Abu Dhabi to Dubai for a meeting with our client, and could I find a heli-pad available to land? I rang a few offices, but had no luck (they spoke on the phone instead – go-figure!) so I continued with my VIP out into the desert to the 5 Star Bab Al Shams Jumeirah Hotel for the site visit, where we planned the red carpet location and the necessary security for the Film Festival event!’
- My first daughter Emily was born in Dubai (Emergency Caesarian)
- I started my Diploma of Life Coaching when she was 3 months old
- When I returned to Australia I worked as the Market Manager at the Adelaide Showground Farmers Market, and love fresh South Australian produce
- Every Thursday night my family all get together for ‘Family Dinner’. We rotate who hosts it, but we share the load. It’s a non-negotiable thing that we call love and look forward to.
- My fave green smoothie is banana, spinach, raspberries & yoghurt
- I live in a small town in the Adelaide Hills, where there isn’t a postman but it’s only 20 minutes to the city. It has an amazing community vibe which our family loves, especially after living overseas for 6 years and not knowing anyone, and the scenery is as good as being in Europe!
- I love colour – if you hadn’t already guessed!