Business and life move fast. Taking time out to make a plan for the next few months can seem counter-intuitive when you’re flat out, but staying strategic rather than reactive is essential. With the start of a new quarter, and half of a year gone already, there’s an opportunity for a fresh start, a clean slate, and new energy.
In today’s episode of The Business Efficiency Podcast, I’m tackling quarterly planning. I like quarterly planning for its structure, but also the balance of big picture strategy and the ability to get some quick wins in.
I’ve completed some research lately and can confirm that bright shiny object syndrome as well as not having the quarterly plan in front of mind is where many get tripped up. Today’s episode covers 6 tips to help you make your quarter planning success, and as a business efficiency expert, including your project management tool into your planning and implementation is key to this!
Stay tuned to all of these recommendations to help you set up the rest of your year for success.
At the end of the podcast, I share some information about a special Planning Workshop I am hosting on 22 July in Adelaide that includes a planning template and a walk through the Parklands with Walk and Talk Therapist Ailsa Robson. A very unique offer and day for you to work ON your business and create a realistic roadmap for your business.
KEY POINTS in this episode:
- It’s halfway through the year! Quarter 3 is nearly here
- 3 reasons why I prefer quarterly planning
6 Tips for a realistic and successful quarter 3
- Add your plan to your project management tool
- Break them down into smaller chunks
- Determine which tasks are recurring and which ones are linear (and set them up this way in your PM tool)
- Be realistic with your timeline – add in holidays, birthdays, family time, life, etc
- Share your goals with your team (and set them up in your PM tool so that they are visible to everyone)
- Set aside time to work ON your business
- Need to work out how you are going to achieve your goals, not just what they are
- Announcement: New Planning Workshop on 22 July, with a bonus Walk and Talk session, includes templates, planning, and connection.
Links and Resources:
Hi I'm Aerlie
Thankyou for tuning in to the Unload Podcast.
I have over 10 years experience in supporting clients to improve their efficiency, reduce overwhelm and organise their business operations effectively. I specialise in setting up project management platforms such as ClickUp and Asana for tracking and reporting your business operations, documenting processes and improving you and your team's productivity and collaboration.
I know that business owner's find it difficult to step out of the chaos and day to day running of their business, despite all of the other plans they have. Getting these foundations set up and running efficiently are the best way for you to grow your business to the next level. Reducing the mental load so that there is more space for action taking, problem solving and ideas is what I'm passionate about.
I live and work in the gorgeous Adelaide Hills and am a mum to two girls.
Acknowledgement of country
I acknowledge that I undertake my business on the land of the Peramangk and Kaurna Nations.
I acknowledge their deeply spiritual connection with Country and I pay my respect to Elder's past, present and future as the custodians of this ancient and beautiful land.