Team meetings are the place where your business and your team culture collide.
You may have a vision about your team culture and expectations, but often when you are deep in organising all of the other bits and pieces, the successful management of team meetings can get left to the last minute, or ad-hoc.
So today’s episode is about how to systemise the management of team meetings so that you:
- have more time to prepare for the meeting if it’s a weekly one that you need to report or update the team on
- so you can connect and build your team relationships more effectively in these team meetings,
- and so that the meetings are easier, and your team can actually benefit from them, instead of them feeling like they are wasting time.
- How to set up your team meetings so they are automated
- Agenda set up
- How to manage the meeting actions in your project management tool so that the actions are easily seen and followed up without the double handling of going through minutes once the meeting is completed.
Key points in the Episode:
- Frustrations of ad hoc meetings
- Difficulties of remote teams
- Benefits of systemising your team meeting management
- Elements you need to set up your team meetings
- Automating the organisation
- Setting the agenda
- Recommendations for recording the actions from meeting using your project management tool
- Use the time to be more present and build trust with your team
Links and Resources:
The Busy Entrepreneur’s Guide to Getting Things Done
Hi I'm Aerlie
Thankyou for tuning in to the Unload Podcast.
I have over 10 years experience in supporting clients to improve their efficiency, reduce overwhelm and organise their business operations effectively. I specialise in setting up project management platforms such as ClickUp and Asana for tracking and reporting your business operations, documenting processes and improving you and your team's productivity and collaboration.
I know that business owner's find it difficult to step out of the chaos and day to day running of their business, despite all of the other plans they have. Getting these foundations set up and running efficiently are the best way for you to grow your business to the next level. Reducing the mental load so that there is more space for action taking, problem solving and ideas is what I'm passionate about.
I live and work in the gorgeous Adelaide Hills and am a mum to two girls.
Acknowledgement of country
I acknowledge that I undertake my business on the land of the Peramangk and Kaurna Nations.
I acknowledge their deeply spiritual connection with Country and I pay my respect to Elder's past, present and future as the custodians of this ancient and beautiful land.