SHIFT & DELETE: My favourite keyboard combo!
You’ve probably heard my story about my bad Inbox habits. Never deleting, & not taking the time to clean my Inbox, so that I could work efficiently and without a cluttered mind or space! It was all a bit of a mess.
Eventually though, I realised that it was just another aspect of my business that was holding me back. I had to start taking responsibility and ‘GO PRO’!
Deleting emails is an obvious process for this system, but an absolutely necessary one.
This step is really nothing new, except a reminder that you do need to do it – AS YOU GO.
To get your Inbox decluttered quickly, here are a few liberating recommendations:
- anything you haven’t read in the last 6 months (or more) should be deleted (if you want that information specifically, you can google it!)
- DELETE IN BULK. This is where ‘Shift’ comes in handy.
- if you haven’t referrred back to the information in the last 6 months – DELETE
- keep conversations with real people/ contacts/ clients/ potential clients/ anything else important to you and your business (We’ll get to them soon)
But I don’t have time – that’s the whole problem…
I know. I’ve been there.
But not taking small chunks of time out to do it are costing you
- money – because you’re losing time to spend productively in your business
- stress & unease you don’t need and can avoid
These 3 things are actually 3 of the most valued things we covet. Can you see how important it is to at least make a start.
Here are some suggestions to get you going
- Do a 20 minute block of deleting whilst watching TV. Try it a couple of nights a week, and you’ll be done
- Take your laptop to the Dr’s and do some while you wait – because there’s usually a 20-30 min wait!
I cleared mine out in 2 TV sessions – after all of that angst, frustration and stress, it was done whilst I did something else.[/text_block]
Have you joined my Time Savvy Mums Facebook Group yet?
[text_block style=”style_1.png” align=”left”]Time Savvy Mums is a Facebook Group for for all mums in business who need strategies and systems to find more time. It’s about Free Time, Family Time, Focus Time – the 3 aspects that we all want more of but find it so hard to do.
Share ideas, tips, resources about Free Time, Family Time & Focus Time – strategies & systems we have in place to get everything done, and spend our time doing more of what we love.
Check out the Time Savvy Mums Facebook Group here.