My Journey to Balancing Business & Family
“It’s not easy, juggling everything, working alone, driving your business, whilst nurturing your family and taking the time out to enjoy them.” says Life Coach, Aerlie.
In the past, I’ve been the mum working part time, busting my gut for my employer, to come home and struggle to find the energy to cook a decent meal, tidy up or enjoy my daughter. I couldn’t wait for her to go to bed so that I could just relax!
I wanted better work life balance.
I wanted to work in something fulfilling, and I wanted to enjoy my young family before they grew up too quickly. I wanted to be there for those precious moments, and to give them my full attention.
So I set out to launch and grow my life coaching business – with a 3 year old and a 3 month old. (Yes – I love a challenge too!)
I started Healthy Life Coaching, and spent all of my time learning, tweaking and chatting to a few clients. I did some courses, because I knew that investing in myself is hugely important, and after about 18 months of lot’s of work for tiny return I started the switch over to aerliewildy.com.
I now know that this is all a part of the journey, and that it is part of the refining process to get to where I am now.
Yes – I wanted it all.
Some thought me delusional, some thought I was brave and optimistic, and some thought that I pretended that everything was OK, but underneath I was stressed, lonely and failing badly.
Most were right. I was all of those things.
Despite having excellent qualifications, being a great coach, having fantastic common sense and the ability to create structure and systems out of nothing, I used to struggle with the balance.
As you know now, starting a business means that your time taken up doing the actual business can often be about 5%, and the other 95% of your time is taken in social media, marketing, online systems, website management and learning how to do all of these things too. It can be so frustrating, especially when you’re on a shoestring budget and an agreement with your husband that if it doesn’t ‘work’ within the first year you have to find a REAL job.
It was time to dig deep.
This was when I really relied on my systems, and had done so much work on my mindset during my life coaching training and research.
And I had to dig deep again and again and again.
Being an entrepreneur is sometimes soul destroying, but when you get a client, or a sale, you are sky high. Talk about rollercoaster.
So through my perseverance and determination to spend time with my family and build my business without going crazy – my systems became my strength. I realised that the ups and downs that I had been on, the ‘I can’t do this’ sobbing moments were becoming less. I was building huge momentum and confidence, and that my mindset was also my strength. My battle to survive had become my strength.
I have now (Dec2014) designed and delivered 2 ecourses, workshops (plus another that I don’t use anymore), and recorded over 150 videos.
I have personally coached over 40 lovely mums in time management, mindfulness, stress management, planning and productivity in the last year, and I am so proud of that.
Now I move in to a new phase of my business and I can hardly contain my excitement. Once again the journey is taking me closer to my strengths.
What I do
I don’t give you business strategy – I give you balance strategy.
I look at the WHOLE you – including your family.
I help you with systems for your business as well as in your daily family life. I help you with
– powerful planning,
– daring dreams &
– fearless focus
in your business and your family life.
These are the key to making you THRIVE.
Think about it:
- if your online business is going great, but you’re stressed at home because you don’t have the systems or the mindset in place to run your home smoothly, then you aren’t thriving, and neither are your children.
- if you have everything organised at home, the house is immaculate, but you can’t seem to get anything done in your business because the the chores are relentless, or the guilt eats away at you, then you’re not making any sales and you’re not thriving. Neither are your children.
And seeing your whole family thrive is what drives me.
This is what sets me apart and this is my strength.
If you would like my Top 10 Tips to balance business & family, sign up for my newsletter.