Here are my Top 5 Tips for an amazing new financial year.
Written for Motivatingmum.com, 1 July 2014
1. Get organised and stay organised. If you haven’t already, get yourself a folder to help collate your receipts for the next financial year. Set up an email file for your online tax invoices too. That way, you can start the way you want to finish and have one place for physical invoices and one for virtual.
2. Schedule time in your calendar each month NOW! If it’s not scheduled, it won’t happen. Use the time specifically for financial management – reconciliate, file, BAS – whatever your need to do. Don’t try and fit it in around everything else – set aside the time .
3. Review your goals. Check out how you are going against your annual goals and see if you need to change direction, set more specific goals, or plan new strategies.
4. Review your pricing! If you still have doubts about whether you are charging your worth, consider putting your prices up and adding extra value for your customers through packages or services that support your main product or service.
5. Celebrate! Whether you achieved your financial goals or you struggled this financial year, take the opportunity to celebrate your wins and lessons learnt. Grab some other motivated mums to debrief, reconnect and re-energise for the 2014/2015!