organised at work can sometimes seem like a mammoth task, and there rarely have time allocated for it in our busy schedules. That’s why I’ve listed these quick and easy ways to be more organised at work – and the beauty is that they can all be done in 5 mins or less!
Breaking them down into little jobs can help to make them more achievable – especially when you’re on the go all the time.
Think about it – it’s much easy to fit in a 5 min
task, than it is to find 2 hours to “get more organised“. I know which one I’d get done, and which option would be rolled over day after day!
To make it even simpler, I’ve split it into four different areas of
. If you organisation focussed on one area a week, imagine how awesome you’d feel after a month of 5 minutes blocks! You’d be pretty chuffed!
16 Quick & Easy Ways to Be More Organised at Work
- Set up folders & subfolders so that you can save downloads quickly and easily, and so that your Downloads folder doesn’t overflow with files you’ve never opened, or can’t find.
- Spend 5 minutes deleting your blurry, unusable photos (and another 5 mins for your phone!)
- Clean out your social media images folder of all images that no longer match your branding. Move them into a superseded folder.
- Rationalize the apps and software programs that you’ve downloaded but never used. If you’ve downloaded it for ‘just-in-case’ delete it – you can access it when you ‘need-it-now’.
- Spend 5 minutes tidying your Inbox once a week.
Sort by name (
Hold down Shift and click to select the top & bottom range & delete
- Spend 5 minutes once a week unsubscribing to the newsletters you haven’t opened in 3 months
- Set up folders to help you file your emails
- Spend 5 mins filing your emails
Note: If you have A LOT of emails to file, just doing 5 minutes a week, or regularly will really help with the overwhelm. Once you start, you will feel a lot better. 🙂
- Close the tabs on your browser (they’re taking up space in your brain & your computer!)
- Use the Bookmark Manager and Toolbar to keep regular
webpagesaccessible with one click (and also saves having too many tabs open)
- Use Asana or Trello to document a regular process/ system (do this regularly and you’ll end up with an Operations Hub!)
- Set up the web clipper on your browser (and phone, if that helps) to instantly save, file and tag information/ pages/ images to Evernote
- Delete social media & email notifications. They just distract you and make every task take longer. Assign time to work in email & social media to avoid the
multi-taskinghabits that can come with responding to every ping.
- Set up your daily schedule and appointments/tasks in Asana, and link it to your calendar, so that you can keep your task management, systems and schedule all linked.
- Tidy your desk once a week (more if you need to!)
- Use Evernote to brain dump your notes, reminders, ideas etc – it’s much more reliable than your brain, and doesn’t fill up like a notebook!
Your Next Step
If you want some support to help fast track this process, or help you transition to Dubsado, then can book a free systems audit with me so we can determine where to start, and what you need to get up and running with your workflows and systems.
Aerlie Wildy is a business designer. business coach and mother based in the Adelaide Hills. I specialise in designing and systemising business for growth. You can connect with me on Facebook, join my Chief Executive Entrepreneurs Facebook Group, check out my Youtube Channel or Pin with me on Pinterest.